In general, before each dive, the functionality and proper condition of the Toddy-Style sidemount system should be checked. We recommend the following procedure:
• Visual inspection for external damage to the wing or to the straps
• Checking the different screw connections:
– Central screws M8 fixed?
– Screws to shoulder straps?
– Screws on the buttpad?
• Inflation control:
– Corrugated tube fixed at the top and bottom?
– Buttons on the control head function?
– Does it hold air?
• Auto Release Dump Valve :
– Is the cap secured?
– Function check by operating the pull cord; The valve must be able to be lifted noticeably against the resistance of the tension spring by the pull cord. When releasing the cord, the valve must be pushed back into the seat by the tension spring.
• Tightness test Wing, best to be checked by the dive partner at a bubble check at the beginning of the dive at shallow depth.